Florida man warns about saltwater poisoning after dog dies days after beach trip

Please follow and like us:

A Florida male is alerting family pet owners after his canine passed away of saltwater poisoning today.(Jean Vaillancourt)

A Florida guy is cautioning family pet owners to keep a close eye on their canines this summertime after a regular journey to the beach caused the freak death of his precious black Labrador Retriever, O.G.

Chris Taylor needed to put his puppy down on Wednesday– simply days after the animal was swimming and playing around a beach in the Tampa Bay location. Vets informed Taylor his pet dog struggled with saltwater poisoning.

“It still feels surreal,” Taylor informed Fox 13 .”It does not seem like truth. I [have] to obtain a grip on that and recognize that it is genuine and he’s gone.”

Drinking seawater can have lethal repercussions for both animals and people alike.

WORLD’S UGLIEST DOG, ZSA THE ENGLISH BULLDOG, DIES WEEKS AFTER WINNING TITLE

“When human beings consume seawater, their cells are therefore taking in water and salt. While human beings can securely consume percentages of salt, the salt material in seawater is much greater than exactly what can be processed by the body, “the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration(NOAA)discusses on its site , including that it causes dehydration.

Taylor stated he started to see signs soon after they left the beach. O.G. was a”little shaky,”he stated, including that the canine likewise had diarrhea. The 29-year-old idea he was simply tired from their Monday experience and believed a day off would assist.

A pet owner is ravaged after his black Lab unintentionally passed away from drinking excessive seawater. We ’ re speaking with the canine owner and a regional vet about exactly what you have to understand next time you take your canine to the beach. Complete story showing up at 10 on @FOX13News . pic.twitter.com/Keb0Cp31hA

Jordan Bowen (@JordanBowenFOX) July 14, 2018

At initially, O.G. seemed back to typical. 2 days later on, the pet dog took a turn for the even worse. He stop consuming and Taylor hurried him to the medical facility, where veterinarians stated his brain was swelling and he wasn’t going to make it.

DOG MISSING NEARLY A YEAR IN NEW HAMPSHIRE WOODS REUNITES WITH OWNERS: ‘HE IS ONE TRUE SURVIVOR’

“Accidents can still take place, “vet Melissa Webster informed Fox 13, discussing that pets frequently error seawater for fresh water.

The vet advised family pet owners to regularly provide their canines fresh water if they take them to the beach and to monitor them for indications of saltwater poisoning, that includes diarrhea, throwing up or tiredness.

Taylor hopes his story will avoid the deaths of other canines. Hewill constantly keep in mind O.G.’s “lively spirit.”

“If there was a tennis ball and a stick in a huge body of water that’s exactly what he would enjoy to do most,”Taylor remembered.

Jennifer Earl is an SEO editor for Fox News. Follow her on Twitter @jenearlyspeakin .

You can see who we've worked with near you that you might know for a reference by browsing our hierarchical portfolio directory below. For video marketing, cities we serve include There was an error with contacting the service. Please check your Best Local SEO Tools settings like the state *full name* and city name. Some cities may cause bugs because they are not in our database. If that is the case,